Friday, April 16, 2010

I came upon tiny quail eggs at the market - freshly laid! Naturally, I had to buy some, and as you can imagine the Russian smiled down thoroughly entertained from his towering height when I pulled them from the basket...





Sunny side up or hard-boiled?





It was as if electricity had just been invented, and the six of us gathered round to see; it doesn't take much to thrill us. They were surprisingly hard to crack! My eldest, who feels a kind of Einstein complicity with her native-Swiss father, watched on in amusement as my fingers gutted the poor little eggs and I tried my best to display a sense of deft precision.


A small feast.
And after they had been gobbled up, which took about one second, the questions arose, Aren't there any more? We're still hungry! Were there any chicks inside?

No comments: