Thursday, July 8, 2010


Walking through Le Landeron with hubby and my littlest daughter, there were plenty of doors and windows and buildings to look at. You can wander along colorful fascades and linger with a coffee under a canopy of trees. I found myself wondering if I hadn't happened upon a Swiss Alsace!


Charm such as this is perhaps the reason I ended up living abroad - away from the native lands I knew before. And while it's true that the loveliest cafés cannot ease the homesick heart, I've come to know that holding hands with your soulmate on one side and the tiny hand of your daughter on the other most certainly can.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Comme je viens de le dire à ta fille... je ne sais plus quoi te dire, car chaque fois c'est vraiment trop beau !!! Et je me répète !!! Je t'embrasse ;)

Costea Andrea Mihai said...

beauitful images! regards

Evi said...

Toutes ces couleurs et cette originalité de chaque façade. Tout cet ensemble forme une rue et toutes ces rues forment une ville. Trop beau. Merci Seigneur de nous ouvrir les yeux pour voir les belles choses!

Teté M. Jorge said...

A primeira foto está tão delicada... parece uma pintura.

Beijos, querida amiga! ;)

penny said...

A beautiful place I would love to wander around also, Allison.
Being home sick can be hard on ones heart but you look on the bright side and see how lucky you are to have and hold what is dearest in your heart... Family!