Thursday, September 23, 2010

The harvest moon rose over the valley last night as my Russian lay with his head in my lap and the children played in the background. The night before I took a run out into the fields and the quiet darkness to watch it sail across the sky; the grasses and corn stubs looked so unbothered and serene in the stillness.


Perhaps that is the answer to navigating this life: to be as steadfast and unaffected as the great harvest moon, or as peaceful as the earth over which it glows.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

tu es une artiste!

Southern Lady said...

What beautiful words and comments. My husband and I spent some time looking at that same harvest moon last night. Carla

Out on the prairie said...

The actual equinox time today is 3pm so the moon was good last night but hopefully nice tonight if it clears.Thanks for stopping in and glad I give you a touch of home.

Unknown said...

Beautiful full moon.
Great photograph Allison.
Costas

penny said...

If only life could be that simple, it would be sublime...
I love how you write, Allison. You have a beautiful depth of character, my friend.
Hugs

Evi said...

Chaque soir le même rituel: monter l'escalier, direction chambre à coucher via salle de bain. Mais lorsqu'il y a la plaine-lune, je ne peux m'empêcher de m'arrêter quelques instants près du vélux. Je lève alors mes yeux et je contemple la lune. C'est toujours un moment magique qui me rempli de sentiments indescriptibles.

Allison said...

I have loved these comments. You are all wonderful, "virtual" friends. Hugs all around.