Sunday, November 7, 2010

On the morning of our day in Lake Geneva, we discovered that we had happened upon October Fest! Leaving the hotel room, we were content to walk the streets, chat with locals and feel at home... which you inevitably do in this town.


Farmers drove through bedecked streets ...

Bringing their fresh goods and calling out to the vendors in jolly voices.





I must confess that while outwardly I made friends with more than one local, inwardly I moved through town in a daze. Thoughts of my trip is almost over... soon I'll have to leave the midwest pounded through my brain, whispering in my ear, tapping me on the shoulder. I have always flown away from what I love the best. Or was it running? Who can say.

Some believe that the older you get the wiser, too. I say you just start longing for home...

2 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

These farmer markets are fun. I look for the little churches to have a fall harvest meal or towns like I went to yesterday, craft sales.I drove 250 miles over the weekend just playing with these.Friday I ate chicken for a free will offering and yesterday 3 sales.Had a good time meeting people. Today seems empty, but I have 150 bulbs to plant for a good colorfest in the spring.

Teté M. Jorge said...

I think that you have a special way of showing us the simple and beautiful things of life. You have love inside you, you have life!

Thank you very much for sharing it.

Kisses and good week, dear.