Sunday, November 21, 2010

Today is our Thanksgiving Day, and soon the uncles will arrive! Dylan Thomas writes in A Child's Christmas in Whales of the uncles sleeping with their moist hands in the parlor after Christmas dinner, and that is what this day means to me!



My sister-in-law and I will do a puzzle this afternoon while the uncles rest with a glass of ice-cold Bailey's on the end table and the children pestering them for games, for stories, for a family movie (which will inevitably be Back to the Future II).

A comfortable sigh.

And with a little luck... we'll find them snoring for just a bit in the living room, and my heart will swell.

Family.

11 comments:

Teté M. Jorge said...

Your moments are so sweet... I love when you tell us what happens to you. Thank you for sharing joy with us.

Good Sunday, dear!

Kisses with love.

Judy said...

Happy Thanksgiving Allison. Your table looks lovely. I was having a hard time reading blogs yesterday, but I enjoyed reading your previous post. The pizza looks good. I miss Chicago pizza but we found a pizza place in town that the owner is from...Chicago...and his pizza is like I'm eating pizza from back home. I enjoy outings like that with my hubby.
Have a wonderful day today!

TexWisGirl said...

What a great looking table. Ready for good food, family and memories. Blessings to you and your hubby and his family today and always!

Southern Lady said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! Carla

Nancy said...

Sounds like a relaxing, peaceful day. Nothing like what I'm in for this Thursday. Rush, rush, rush. Enjoy, Allison. I hope you and your family have a lovely day. :)

Dawn said...

Beautiful. Your table looks like artwork!

lindasinklings said...

Lovely, lovely. Remember the chair slightly rocking in the corner and smile. You are indeed surrounded by family and love.

Meg said...

Sounds like you are going to have a lovely day! Thank you for your sweet comment. Hope your Thanksgiving is all you are hoping for, and more!

Out on the prairie said...

You are really going to town it looks like.Sounds very nice to enjoy.

Evi said...

... et c'est déjà passé! Dear Alli, il me reste le souvenir d'un magnifique Thanksgiving et en fermant les yeux je peux me remémorer les goûts de Tom, du stuffing, des sweet potatoes (Mmh!), de la compote de cranberries et bien sûr des pies comme point sur le i . Wonderfull, thank you so much pour le chaleureux accueil. With love...

penny said...

Beautiful sediments and delightful holiday decor, Allison.

Hugs and smiles ;)