Sunday, July 14, 2013

Down the road at the end of our cul de sac - just a few bare footed steps away - is a garden. It starts at the edge of the fence and blooms inward and upward into most luscious fullness. 

Sometimes I get up from my desk and walk out the front door. I don't lock it, surprisingly, but wander down the narrow street without key or phone or bit of responsibility. I just walk down ... to the end of the street.

And look at the lichens growing on the rail - and listen to the bells ringing on bovine necks - and feel the wind speak to me.


And the most beautiful thing of all is that home is but half a minute away, as the bare feet pad.

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

my kinda living...

MarmePurl said...

half a minute away and time very well spent. So pretty.

Nancy said...

We don't lock anything.

Out on the prairie said...

Lovely,couldn't post on your next blog